The NETS Diploma in Ministry (NQF Level 5) is for those who wish to be thoroughly equipped for ministry and leadership within churches, but who do not intend to continue on with further academic study after graduation. Graduates from the Diploma in Ministry program are equipped with the skills to:
- live a godly life.
- understand Holy Scripture.
- serve in Christian pastoral ministry through bible teaching, counselling, leadership, and organisational management.
- This one year (full-time) program is generally considered to be the minimum qualification needed to serve as a pastor.
- To be admitted directly into the Diploma in Ministry program students must have completed Grade 12 matriculation with a minimum of 21 points – including at least a D in English.
- Students who do not meet the requirements for direct entry into the Diploma in Ministry program may be admitted by first completing the Certificate in Theology program bridging-certificate mode (NQF Level 4) with a grade point average of at least 50%.