The Certificate in Theology (NQF Level 4) program aims to equip Christians with the foundational skills and knowledge that will set them up for a lifetime of active service in the local church. Upon successful completion graduates are well equipped to understand the Bible and the Christian faith. Furthermore, graduates who perform well in the Certificate in Theology program are eligible to enter the Diploma and Bachelor of Theology programmes.
- To be admitted directly into for the Certificate in Theology program students must have completed Grade 12 matriculation with a minimum of 19 points.
- Applicants who are 25 years of age or older — but who have not completed Grade 12 — may be admitted into the Certificate in Theology program if they are able to demonstrate:
- Sufficient proficiency in English.
- Some on-going learning since leaving school.
- Students who have completed the NETS Certificate in Christian Ministry (NQF Level 3) in English with a GPA of 75% or higher may also be admitted into the Certificate in Theology.